very cute bumbleebee

very cute bumbleebee

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day ???

Bye for now Gary and LeeAnne!

remodeling the kitchen with pa



doing laundry
Anita continues to struggle with congestion and a horrible cough.  Difficult to remember when she last felt really good.  On Sat. we returned to the doctor as instructed if she wasn't a lot better or had worsened symptoms.  This ARNP told us that she didn't feel she needed to be on an antibiotic, all kids have large tonsils, urgent care is a waste of time and that we really just need to suck it up and stop coming to the doctor b/c this is just how it's going to be for another year and a half before they will take out her tonsils.  Very discouraging news, unsure who or what to believe.  She also encouraged us to more than quadruple the amount of benadryl we are giving and encouraged us to stop taking the antibiotic she is on.  So, Mon. morning I called the ear, nose and throat doctor which is considered a specialist and she has an appointment on the 23rd.  Hopefully they will do a more thorough investigation and give us some answers.  I can't just suck it up and accept that my baby is sick constantly and laying on a couch versus running around and playing.  Prairie Pediatrics midtown clinic continues to disappoint me.  For positive news, Anita continues to develop well and is climbing onto chairs and working on jumping.  She is understanding so much more and following directions.  Not to say she doesn't also break lots of rules but we're working on balancing that out a little more.  She is a big helper and has been working with gpa as he remodeled the kitchen.  She helps gma with putting away groceries and mom with laundry.  She has been working on her golf swing with dad and playing catch with mom.  Her and Kristina enjoy playing together and Anita is really catching on to tag and hide and seek.  She is such a sweet little blessing to all of us.  We are getting excited for our finalization hearing and prepared to spend a fun day as a family.  More good news is that my job is willing to work with me to only work part time for June/July/August so I can spend more time with Anita this summer.  They have been very supportive of our family throughout this process.  Said goodbye to friends last week that announced they were moving to Alaska and then moved in less then a month.  I will miss Gary and LeeAnne a lot and prayer for their success on a new journey.  Praying for many people this week as I attend a viewing for a friends father tomorrow night and a funeral for another friends mother in law the next day.  Our friend Sandy in Illinois is also in our thoughts and prayers as she is recovering from surgery.  Exciting prayers for cousin Brad and his family as they continue to work on bringing home their daughter from Uganda.  I have been glued to reading their blog and following daily progress.  Someone asked me a few weeks ago if I ever thought my life would look like this now with Anita and my immediate response was no but the reality is I knew deep inside my heart that she was to be with us and I prayed and longed for her to be home.  God definitely has a bigger plan for us and knows when the time is perfect for miracles to happen.  I pray that he continues to work within our family and provide guidance as we move forward in his plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment