| Anita loves to watch for birds/bunnies out the window |
| new sand box |
| Anita very happy as she is about to shove gma around the yard |
| smelling tulips |
| watching the parade, drinking lemonade |
| gpa and gma love me |
| lunch in her window, skips the high chair most days now |
| chores, watering the flowers |
| making cookies for Memorial Day |
![]() |
| growing girls, both by about 2 inches in 6 months |
![]() |
| the ballerina, "I am not a princess" |
Been trying to find time to get on here and blog again but life gets busy. For now, Anita is sleeping and we just came home after a delicious bbq at gma and gpa's house. One year ago today Jim was working like he is today and the rest of us were out touring Yankton and grieving thinking that Anita was never going to be home with us. It was just a little later then this that Holly called and said she was ready for Anita to be with us and we made plans for me to come get her in a few days. What a whirlwind this year has been and how much our lives have all changed for the better. Anita reminds me to count my blessings every day even when I am worried and stressed it doesn't matter when she smiles and gives me a hug and kiss. Now to catch up on the last few weeks as it has been busy. We were able to attend the Tulip Festival as a family this year and gma and gpa met us there. Anita enjoyed watching the parade, especially the marching bands as she does enjoy her music. Later that week, Anita and I went to Hull to visit and had a good morning playing with the kids. Her biggest accomplishments lately have been climbing onto everything and also trying to say everything. She climbs onto chairs now and then moves them to climb onto tables. She also climbs onto the toilet and turns on the water in the sink. What we all regret she learned this week was home to climb out of her crib which ended in her falling to floor at 4:15 in the morning. Scary for all of us. Today Pa is going to bring over her crib that has been at their house and not in use as it sits lower so she can't climb out. Gma has spoiled her in taking naps together in bed or in the chair so we are having a difficult (traumatic) time doing that at home. I just decided that for the summer I will just take naps with Anita. Won't be long until she's not interested in cuddling and taking naps with her mom so I will enjoy it now. This week is the first of my short weeks of the summer and I can't wait to enjoy my time with her. While Anita climbs, Kristina has become quite the dancer and was part of a performance last week at the Orpheum. She did a great job and has decided to continue next year with dance. We're looking into Anita joining her. Kristina also finished Kindergarten and I can't believe how quickly that has happened or that she will be in 1st grade in "90 days." When she was asked what she felt someone graduating kindergarten would like for a present she said a cell phone, she got cash. She also had a good night out to dinner with the whole family so that was fun. Jim continues to adjust to a busy work schedule and is almost done with a six day stretch before having several days off. We are planning to go to the Sioux Falls zoo this weekend with Brenda/Kristina and Holly and the kids. Hopefully the weather will be as nice as predicted. Today will be close to 90 with very strong winds so me/Anita are now home for the day. Writing about this in case I ever forgot how sick I got taking the antibiotic Keflex. I was told to throw it away and never touch it or take it again. Thank you again God for answering prayers and allowing Anita to sleep through that as I couldn't have taken care of her and would have called gma/gpa at 2am. Anita's new words today are bunny, face, pretty and lemonade.


No comments:
Post a Comment