very cute bumbleebee
Saturday, January 1, 2011
1-1-11
Happy New Year!! I've been thinking about the roller coaster we have been on for the last year and how much I am looking forward to a calmer year. In thinking back on the highs and lows I can go back to February when I received assistance to help with some of my school loan debt and what a great relief that was. In March, we celebrated Jim's 40th b'day when a suprise party at a hockey game and had so much fun. Within about a week we were contacting Anita's biological mom(Holly) and talking to her about adoption. We thought we were scared to even contact her and that fear couldn't compare to months later. In April, we began having Anita for long weekends and loved every minute with her until the dreaded drive to take her back to her home. We would cry on our way back to town and feel so lonely in missing her. Then came the beginning of May when Holly wasn't sure and pulled away without contacting us. We lost Grandma Kaufman the beginning of May and that was difficult as well. In the middle of May I did get to spend an afternoon with Anita but Jim was working and unable to go. By Memorial weekend we were at our lowest and felt like our little girl would not being coming home to us atleast at this time. We always felt she would be with us eventually but of course we wanted her as soon as possible. Then on Memorial Day in the afternoon I got the phone call that would change our lives forever that Anita was to be with us. I drove to Hull two days later, picked her up and a big whirlwind began. Our family really came through for us with a crib, changing table, clothes, diapers, decorations and even a haircut at home. I stayed home with Anita for a week and a half and finally had to return to work. By then her and grandma were comfortable together but it was definitely a transition for all of us. We slept on pins and needles for months as we waited for the termination hearing that was scheduled for August 5th. Prior to that, Holly could have changed her mind and just came and picked Anita up and we were terrified of that happening. We stayed in close contact with Holly and the other kids to try and help all of us transition and for the other kids to get used to Anita being with us. A few days before the termination hearing I received a call from the attorney that she had to reschedule it for another month out due to not getting papers back from Holly and we were sick. We felt so close and had the wind knocked out of us. Finally September 1st came and with a five minute hearing all biological rights were terminated and Anita was placed in our care pending adoption and we were so relieved. Meanwhile, our other girl Kristina was starting kindergarten and adjusting to life with a cousin to share the attention of everyone. This has not been easy for her understandably and now her and Anita are good friends. In October, Kristina turned six and Anita turned one. Anita is named after Jim's mother and they have the same birthday so it is another day of joy/sorrow in our lives. Then it was more excitement with our first holidays as a family and sharing all the fun with Anita. She has been surrounded by a lot of love from our friends and family which we are grateful for. In September, my work held a baby shower and we received so many gifts and kind words from all our friends. Then in October, Aunt Linda and Patti hosted a baby shower for some family and friends that was also a great blessing. I could go on and on about the encouragement and support we have received from everyone this year but I will close for now because I am also tired from keeping up with a 14 month old. Happy New Year to everyone and I will post pictures soon from my new camera!! Jim chose well for a Christmas present.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment