Once again I have neglected to blog weekly and feel bad about not documenting every moment of Anita's life. She continues to grow and blossom into a sweet little girl and she is more fun to play with than type about but I would like to do this more often. Right now she is taking a nap with Bob who has become her best friend/brother. They play together, sleep together, chase each other around the house and even fight over food at times. I was not thrilled to bring him home but he has become a great addition to our household. Since the last post, Brenda has continued treatments and remained positive during a whirlwind of appointments, treatments, sickness and financial concerns. She is hoping to finish chemo within the next month or two and continue to move forward with her life. Kristina was diagnosed with Tourette's and we are still learning more about that and the possible impact on her life. Praying for two miracles. In the midst of this we have celebrated Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and soon coming up on the one year anniversary of Anita's adoption and then Easter. Probably fitting that they both come together as they remind me of hope and new beginnings. Anita has struggled with her health again and we are meeting with a new doctor this week. Dr. Rehan at Prairie Pediatrics by the mall in hopes of getting some kind of plan of where to go next in improving her health instead of returning every 2 - 3 weeks when she is sick. Luckily she is managing her health better and even while sick can smile, laugh and dance for us. She loves her music and searches for new songs/videos on youtube in the evenings (with supervision of course.) She is a master at maneuvering on the nook I received for Christmas and then it's my turn when she goes to bed. Anita loves books and is quickly developing a big vocabulary which I proudly show off when possible. Some funny things she tells all of us: "One second, I busy"
"maybe not"
"It not cooperating"
"Quiet Bob!!"
"I no poop"
All of these are funny on their own but then when she puts them in a sentence it is great. Most of the time she is yelling at Bob to be quiet he is not the one making noise but that's her phrase. The, "I no poop" is usually after she has peed or pooped and no one has asked her but she offers that statement. Then when you ask, she will run off. This week she kept saying she "had a little gas" and then one time when it happened her eyes got real big and she said "uh oh" and ran for the bathroom. We have spoke some about potty training and I think she is getting more ready. Previous attempts were met with "I like my diaper." Her and Kristina are playing better together all the time which is a relief for everyone. Kristina was even jealous at the playground when Anita played with someone else and then tried to join them. They are good friends/cousins and this summer should be interesting for everyone. Anita continues to be a big helper at home and enjoys doing laundry, washing dishes and helping to feed Bob. She does the same with grandma and then also works in the yard with Pa doing whatever he would like too. They made a snowman two weeks ago in the snow and have also been sledding. Today we picked out a bed for her that will be her first big girl bed and not the toddler. Anita is growing so much that she is about as long as the toddler bed which leaves no room for Bob so I'm hoping a bigger bed will get him to not sleep on her legs. She will wake up and say, "Bob bugging me." Next weekend the bed will arrive and Anita continues to grow up too quickly. For now I'll go and try to just post a couple pictures to show how much the girls are growing.
No comments:
Post a Comment