very cute bumbleebee

very cute bumbleebee

Monday, August 1, 2011

August 1, 2011


Anita LOVES the belt her dad made her


belt with glasses and new stroller


riding the choo choo at cousin Patti's house


Kristina's serious water gun attack face


Posing and ready to go swimming
 It has been a crazy, busy couple of weeks and the main event was that Jim lost his job.  Luckily I have a good job and a great boss that allowed me to return to full time immediately while Jim found a new job at Charlie Zook selling cars.  I'm working very hard at being grateful I have a job, grateful we were able to keep our insurance, grateful we didn't buy a bigger house or new car this summer and grateful I did have time off with Anita this summer.  I'm not completely grateful yet as I'm sad about missing time now but also grieving my future plans of wanting to work less and be home with Anita more.  Right now this is how it will be and I'm closer to accepting that than I was last week.  Anita has not been feeling great but she has been talking non stop.  Every day she adds new words to her vocabulary and sometimes sentences.  "No fit" is a common one as she tries to stuff too many people into the doll van.  "I get it" when she is after anything in the house or chasing bugs.  She pretends to swat bugs on the couch and loves looking for them inside and out.  Kristina caught a centipede last week and they both held it.  Anita will have to join Kristina at bug camp last year since Kristina enjoyed it so much.  Anita loves wearing her belt around just like Pa and Dad so that is a daily ritual with whatever outfit she is wearing.  She is running, jumping, dancing and swimming so much we are struggling to keep up and when we don't she lets us have it verbally although we're not sure what all she is saying yet.  She can also spot a choo choo from a mile away and every time we get in the car she is asking to see one and also asking for money.  She likes to be handed loose change and she puts it in the pocket on the door of the car.  We need to get her a piggy bank to start saving.  Received exciting news that our friends Sandy and Michelle are coming to town on the 19th and we'll get to spend some time catching up with them.  First time meeting Anita so it will be fun for all of us.  There has been a lot of drama in Jim's family over the last week that has stressed us out in addition to his job loss so we are looking forward to having friends here with us soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment